Online, June 6-15, 2023
In the first 2 weeks of June we're running a short cohort-based course to practice Microsolidarity and connect with other community builders.
Join us for this Practice Program if you want...
- to cultivate deeper connections and more collaboration within a network
- to initiate more learning, mutual aid, and a sense of belonging within your community
- to develop a work culture where people care about each other's wellbeing and growth
If you're coming to Microsolidarity Summer Camp in July, this will be the perfect opportunity to get to know some of the other campers beforehand, and get some more context about Microsolidarity theory and practice.
This is a 2-week program. You can access this short curriculum of videos & texts to learn about the core concepts in your own time, and we will meet twice each week to experiment with relational practices (for a total of four 90-minute group calls). You'll also have access to a discussion forum to connect with other learners, share resources and ask us questions.
- Introduction to microsolidarity
- Dyads: relational practices to develop a feeling of safety for more vulnerability and intimacy.
- Crews: key considerations and different formats for support in small groups.
- Congregation: case studies from different congregations, sharing how to start and maintain a self-organising network of crews.
- Leadership & engagement: how to encourage participation, engagement and co-leadership.
- Reflection & learning: how to get into the habit of reflection & continuous improvement, at a personal and collective level
- There are four 90-minute live calls where we’ll practice together
- We’ll send the video content at the beginning of each week so you can follow it at your own time. You can expect to spend around 30 minutes in preparation for each topic of the content.
- There will be a digital forum for connection, interaction, and Q&A.
We meet for live calls on Tuesdays & Thursdays, for 2 weeks from June 6 to 15. You can choose which group you join, according to your timezone:
- Timezone A meets at 9-10.30am CET (3pm Singapore, 7pm Auckland)
- Timezone B meets at 6-7.30pm CET (9am Los Angeles, 1pm Rio)
To make the program accessible we have a tiered ticket price from €75 to €155. We have limited availability, please choose the ticket price according to your circumstances.
If you're a returning student from previous Practice Programs, you're welcome to join us for free. Just ask in the #practice-program channel on Discord and we'll add you to the list.
This program was originally developed by Nati Lombardo & Rich Bartlett. They hosted it 4 times through 2020-2022. Now in 2023 the program is being run for the first time as a community-organised event. Facilitation is lead by: Jocelyn Ames, Sara Bajor and Jonas Gröner, with contributions from Ioan Mitrea, Abigail Oulton and Rich Bartlett.
Finances for this program are run through our common fund on Open Collective (rather than Nati & Rich's private company The Hum which has been used for prior events). Income from ticket sales will be used to pay the hosting team, and we'll share 10% of the income with the Microsolidarity common fund.